Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for parentheses in Bitbucket code search

George Willegers November 6, 2017

How can I search for parentheses in Bitbucket code search over several repositories? I want to search for occurrences of a function call. The function has two overloads: one with parameters and one without. I want to search for places where the overload without parameters is used, by including the parentheses in the search, like "MyFunction()". There are dozens of repositories, so cloning is not really an option.

De code search documentation says:

• All punctuation characters are removed. !"#$%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[\]^_`{|}~
  • Regular expressions in queries are not supported, but you can search for special characters.

Unfortunately it doesn't specify how I can search for special characters, and if parentheses can be searched for as special characters.

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Hi George! From your message I'll assume you're using Bitbucket Server, so please let us know if this is not actually your case.

I've been discussing this with my colleagues and looks like at the moment it won't be possible to search for the parentheses. You can search "MyFunction" and follow with some search operators like (AND, OR, NOT, etc) which are allowed though.

I also found this Feature request that you might be interested in, you can vote for it at BSERV-8782.

Also, searching over several repositories won't be possible, currently only the default branch is searchable.

Hope this answers your questions, George!

Cheers,

Ana 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events