Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search for Double Quote - How to Escape Special Characters

Edited

I need to search for the exact word "Admin" (including double quotes). When I enter "Admin" in BitBucket search box, it only returns me Admin (not including doube quotes). 

SearchWord.PNG

2 answers

I am interested in searching for something specific in the code that happens to have quotes (") in them.  Searching without quotes returns too much data and is not usable. This is a big inconvenience. Could you suggest a way around this or add it as part of your feature in the future.

Hi Hasti

As per Search for code in Bitbucket Server page says:

There are some restrictions on how searches are performed:

All punctuation characters are removed. !"#$%&'()*+,-/:;<=>?@[\]^`{|}~

As you can see " character is included in the list... so you cannot use it to search a term in Bitbucket.

Regards

Thanks Jack for your response. Is there anyway escape them somehow? (I found this link: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Escaping-special-characters-in-Jira-JQL-Search/qaq-p/351171) but I don't know how to apply it to my situation.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

📣 Calling Bitbucket Data Center customers to participate in research

Hi everyone, Are you Bitbucket DC customer? If so, we'd love to talk to you! Our team wants to dive deep to understand your long-term plans regarding Bitbucket DC and Atlassian Cloud. Do you plan...

117 views 2 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you