Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVN commit should fail if the jira id is closed.

Madhu Kiran Yalamanchili October 22, 2013

When ever users makes a commit to closed jira id, the commit should failed.

I installed commit acceptance plugin in jira and enabled "all issues referenced in the log message unresolved" but this is working on jira only i;e commit is success without throwing any error, but not reflecting on subversion tab in jira id.

What i am looking is commit should be failed saying jira id is in Closed status...

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

I would suggest to forget JIRA commit acceptance and simple make a call to JIRA rest end point from the hook script (write in your favorite language).

Also an improvement which we did was to periodically dump the list of open issues from JIRA and commit to the protected path in the same repo and the actual hook script will look into only this file rather than making a JIRA call. This will also help to enhance the developer experience as everytime contacting JIRA will slow down the commit operations.

Madhu Kiran Yalamanchili November 5, 2013

So all open issues need to be dumped in pre-commit hook script right?

Madhu Kiran Yalamanchili November 5, 2013

Great i believe this will work, but only challenge is to script it :). Thanks for your support.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

Decouple the script from the list of open issues. Dump the issues to a file inside svn and the hook script can read it from there.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2015

The add-on named Commit Policy can check commits whether they contain issue keys and then match those against a JQL query.

In your use case the JQL should be trivially:

status != Closed

Give this a free trial!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events