Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVN Importer

Sanjiv Kumar March 17, 2013

Hi,

Is it possible to do the inreamental migration from subversion to git using SVN Importer? I mean suppose I have migrated 200 revisions of subversion to git and after that somebody commit the changes in subversion and created the revisions 2030. Now is it possible to migrate remainin 30 revisions from subversion to GIT using SVN Importer?

Thanks,

Sanjiv

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Kitaev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

Hello Sanjiv,

Thank you for your question! Right now SVN Importer could only import into an empty Git repository. Upcoming second version of SVN Importer will let you enable permanent synchronization between Subversion and Git repositories. Meanwhile you may use SubGit (http://subgit.com/) to set up what we call Git/Svn mirror, see Stash-specific instructions at http://lists.tmatesoft.com/pipermail/subgit-users/2012-December/000042.html

Please, feel free to contact us at support@subgit.com would you have more questions. Thanks!

Sanjiv Kumar May 17, 2013

Hi,

Is the another SVN Importer version released which provides the incremental SVN to GIT migration?

I am really excited for the release of this latest version.

If it is released can you please let me know the version of SVN Importer?

Thanks,

Sanjiv

0 votes
Alexander Kitaev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2013

There is an alpha version available. Please, drop a line to support@subgit.com to get a link. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events