Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL handshake error on LDAP and mail

bolagsverket August 16, 2017

I have created a java truststore for one self-signed cert and one official cert.

I used your SSL poke class to test the cert and it works fine when i point out the

trusstore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/srv/git-bitbucket/atlassian-bitbucket-4.14.x/data/shared/certifikat/git_ldap_and_ad.truststore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=xxxxxx

I have added these values to /opt/git-bitbucket/atlassian-bitbucket-4.14.7/bin/setenv.sh so that they can be seen with a ps -ef

In the GUI it still does not work

The log file atlassian-bitbucket-mail.log shows

2017-08-16 09:31:04,346 ERROR [http-nio-7990-exec-3] mut @I77VQLx571x178x0 89r7at 172.20.140.103,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 "POST /admin/mail-server HTTP/1.1" bitbucket.mail-log Sending mail failed. Please verify the mail server configuration and check the logs for details; recipient: otto.jagebo@bolagsverket.se; subject: Bolagsverket Bitbucket - Test email for your SMTP configuration
org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Mail server connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS;
  nested exception is:
        javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target. Failed messages: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS;
  nested exception is:
        javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I can not upgrade to the latest as we use the latest git rpm package for SLES12 sp2 linux and therefor version 4.14.7 seems to be the latest tested for git-core-1.8.5.6-18.1.x86_64

Should i configur the truststore in a property or xml file as well or?

2 answers

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

We have Centos 7 which does not ship with required git versions for Bitbucket 5.X. 

Here is a summary of what we did: (Centos)

yum install curl-devel expat-devel gettext-devel openssl-devel zlib-devel
yum install gcc perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
wget https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/git-2.9.3.tar.gz
tar xzf git-2.9.3.tar.gz
cd git-2.9.3/
make prefix=/usr/local/git all
make prefix=/usr/local/git install

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

In setenv.sh you have the following: JAVA_TRUSTSTORE and JAVA_TRUSTSTORE_PASSWORD. Have you tried using that instead?

# The full path to the Java truststore which must contain the client certificates accepted by Bitbucket for SSL authentication
# of JMX
#
#JAVA_TRUSTSTORE=

#
# The password for JAVA_TRUSTSTORE
#
#JAVA_TRUSTSTORE_PASSWORD=

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events