Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL certificate problem when pushing to bitbucket from local repo

Greg Rychlewski June 23, 2017

I've been pushing from the git repo on my desktop to my remote bitbucket repo for the last 3 months or so with no issues. The last time I did it was June 9.

Today I tried to push and I get the following error:

$ git push origin master
fatal: unable to access 'https://mv_td@bitbucket.org/mv_td/scorecard-templates.git/': SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain

I'm using windows 10 on my desktop with git vesrion 2.11.1.windows.1. As far as I know, there have been no changes to the configuration of my computer.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes

I will have to check with my company. I work for a large bank where people don't usually use things like bitbucket, so it's entirely possible they did something like that without notifying anyone.

Thank you.

0 votes
jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2017

The certificates on bitbucket.org have not changed recently. Does that box go through a proxy server of some kind, or has something changed in your local network's DNS or firewall setup?

I will have to check with my company. I work for a large organization where people don't usually use things like bitbucket, so it's entirely possible they did something like that without notifying anyone.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events