Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH connection - public key permission denied (Windows 7, Bitvise SSH client)

Leroy van Spronsen December 10, 2017

Client: Bitvise SSH client newest version availlable

What I am trying to do:

Push my work to the production branch of bitbucket through the SSH link/remote option so not the HTTPS option.

Result/Error message:

"Permission denied (publickey).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists."

What I have tried to resolve this issue:

Followed many tutorials on how to resolve the public key denied problem but none of them have worked so far.

My public and private key have been generated with the puTTYgen and saved in my documents. My public key is saved into my bitbucket account.

I have tried to resolve this issue for ages but I still can't get it to work, if any of you could give me tips or tricks on how to solve this I will be verry thankful.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Did you add your public key in Bitbucket and grant is the required permissions?

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/ssh-user-keys-for-personal-use-776639793.html#SSHuserkeysforpersonaluse-useSSH for more details.

Leroy van Spronsen December 13, 2017

It has been solved now, the initial method in the ssh client was set to password only, this has to be password and public key. Also I had to add my key to pageant and enable authentication agent forwarding in the terminal tab.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events