Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH Keys Missing

thelethiferousmoose March 15, 2020

I am the owner of a repo on Bitbucket, I had added two SSH keys for myself for two different machines. I noticed today when I navigate to Settings->Access Keys, I can no longer see the keys I added, all I see is "There are no keys configured", then if I try to re-add them it tells me they were already added by another account. I don't have multiple accounts and I am the only user. Any thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2020

Hello @thelethiferousmoose ,

Welcome to the Community.

These are different SSH keys. You added two keys into your own account settings – they give access to all repositories you have access to.

The Access Keys in repository settings are just for that repository, and they only allow read access (cloning/pulling) but not write access. They are designed to be used by something like build servers.

You indeed can't add an SSH key which has been registered for some account in Bitbucket — this is because such key must identify a user. Access keys don't need to be unique (as in, multiple repositories can have same SSH key registered as access key), but theu obviously can't clash with someone's regular SSH key.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Daniil

thelethiferousmoose March 15, 2020

Ah, right. Thanks. It's been awhile, I totally forgot I did it like that.

Like Daniil Penkin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events