Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running multiple custom pipelines together

Firdaus Aga December 29, 2021

Hi Team,

I was just wondering whether it's possible to run multiple custom pipelines in one go?

Use case -

We have multiple modules which the Dev team needs to update at various intervals.

So supposing one dev is assigned work over 2 modules, he/she has to first run the first module and then again click on Run Pipelines and select the next module to build.

Possible solutions -

Could we have a check box to select more than one custom pipeline which can run in parallel?

Or if we could type in the names of the custom pipelines to run with space or comma separation?

It would be a very convenient feature.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2021

Hi @Firdaus Aga,

Thank you for the suggestion. When you use the "Run pipeline" option, it is possible to select one pipeline only. I can certainly create a feature request in our issue tracker for our product managers and development team to consider this feature.

The only workaround I can think of at the moment would be to create a script that uses our API to trigger both custom pipelines (you would need to include 2 API calls, one for each custom pipeline):

and then run this script when you want to trigger the custom pipelines.

Are you using the "Run pipeline" option from the Pipelines page of a repo?
I am asking because this option also exists in the commit view (when you are viewing a certain commit on Bitbucket website), and also in the Branches page (when you select the 3 dots in the column Actions for a branch). It would probably be useful to have the option in all 3 places, I just wanted to understand which one you are using.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Firdaus Aga January 2, 2022

Hi @Theodora Boudale

You're right we're using the Run Pipelines option from the Pipelines page.

And yes please do add this as a feature request for all 3 views(just for standardisation).

Thanks!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Firdaus Aga,

Of course! I went ahead and created a feature request in our issue tracker:

I would suggest:

• adding your vote in that feature request (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features
  • you can add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates
  • you are more than welcome to leave any feedback as well

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Firdaus Aga January 4, 2022

@Theodora Boudale voted for my own issue ;p.
Thanks for the support!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events