Running Stash in a VM Trying to set HOME_PATH to a Windows network share...

Phantomwalker October 13, 2014

Hey guys,

On Linux I didn't have many issues with stash. Other than my VM got strange after a while and I am not a Linux guru so I wanted to see if it would run the same/better under Windows. Unfortunately my setup is a small VM very minimal Windows install. Not much spare disk space on the VM. So I've been trying to point the Stash install to either a Linux based, NAS unit or a physical hard drive connected to the host system. Unfortunately I still have to provide authentication to that drive because I'm using VMWare Desktop on that system. Is there a way to authenticate or pass a username and password through with the path so I can gain R/W access to the volume with Stash? I'm not using a domain controller so I need to pass machinename\username like credentials.

So far I've tried mapping a network drive, using VMWare's built in Shared Folder's feature, as well as UNC direct connection. I also tried changing the service to run under the logged in user which some how ended up renaming my user profile on reboot. (Really strange. Not sure how this happened.)

So the main question here is can I pass credentials through to Tomcat or something so that the service will authenticate with the network share and allow me to write to it?

Thanks,

Phantomwalker

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

I don't think any Tomcat install could do that.

This more a VM issue and not so much related to Atlassian products.

You could create a script to do this and then launch stash instead of using a service.

0 votes
Phantomwalker October 15, 2014

Thanks for the suggestion Mike. I'll play around with this idea and see how it goes. I guess that makes sense. Just don't install it as a service.

If this works and I go with this I'll be sure to mark you as accepted answer. laugh

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events