Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision not found but a revision does exist in S3

andrew July 23, 2021

I have an application that is being deployed by Amazon CodeDeploy using this pipe.

The deploy step in my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file is configured like so:

- pipe: atlassian/aws-code-deploy:1.0.0 
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: 'us-west-2'
APPLICATION_NAME: 'MY_APP'
COMMAND: 'deploy'
DEPLOYMENT_GROUP: 'Development'
S3_BUCKET: 'MY_BUCKET'
VERSION_LABEL: 'APP_SUBDIR/REVISION-latest.zip'
BUNDLE_TYPE: 'zip'

When the pipe image gets to this step, it throws this message:

✖ Failed to fetch revision..
An error occurred (RevisionDoesNotExistException) when calling the GetApplicationRevision operation: No application revision found for revision.

Now, I know this simply isn't true, because the previous step configured successfully uploads the zip file that the pipe can't find.

Steps I've Taken:

At first, I passed the app's name, version label, and other variable fields in as environment variables.

When that didn't work, I changed all of the variables to be strings specific to this deployment. Meaning instead of APP_NAME being $APP_NAME, it was instead set to 'my-app' in the YAML file.

Honestly, I don't know what else to do, I made the parameters as literal as possible and it still can't find the revision.

Any help is much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andrew July 23, 2021

I figured it out!

Here is what worked for me:

First of all, I changed my upload step from an AWS CLI call, to the aws-code-deploy pipe with the upload command.

Make sure you read and declare the variables carefully as a typo or bad indentation can be fatal!

I believe the biggest problem, was my attempt to specify both the folder and the version label in the VERSION_LABEL parameter, which is not the correct way to do it according to the pipe's documentation.

So, after properly specifying the FOLDER and VERSION_LABEL parameters, the pipe began to be able to find the revision location.

It all boils down to how well I read the docs... so learn from me and read the docs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events