Restrict a user who created a pull request to approve or merge.

ansuman March 12, 2014

When a user creates a pull request he can merge or approve the pull request. I want to know how to disable the use for doing that. I want only the reviewer can only merge or approve. I'll be OK if user can merge after the pull request gets approved by ther reviewer.
Is it possible?

1 answer

0 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2014

You can achieve this using branch management. Branch management allows you to restrict who can push/merge a pull request to certain branches. As a result, even a user with write access to an entire repo can be restricted to only be able to merge into some branches. For example, you can set a * rule that only certain groups or users can push to all branches. Then set a more specific rule allowing all groups to push to branches that start with develop/* in the case where you may be following git flow.

jolier August 21, 2019

Hi,

I have similar question:

In my team we're 4 people, where all of us do pull request and approve/disapprove those pull request, but I want to prevent the user who created the pull request cannot approve/disapprove, in this case just the rest of team can review and approve/disapprove this pull request.

Is possible to do that?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events