Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring Stash

Yasin Amadmia June 4, 2015

Hi,

We have Stash 3.2.4 and are using stash backup client to backup/restore. We actually launch the backup client from a different server to backup stash. Wanted to know that in order to do a full restore (stash + the actual repositories), are the backup files (ex: stash-20150531-020133-772.tar' sufficient ? We did a test recovery using backup client on a completely new instance (new DB) and can see that all stash information (ex: repositories, data etc) have been restored but the actual repository data is missing. When I see /var/atlassian/application-data/stash/shared/data/repositories on the new server, it is all blank.

Would you please advise ?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hi Yasin,

All the information available for backing up and restoring Stash using the client can be found on:

Yes, the information on the tar contains the whole data (STASH_HOME and DB). It looks like you've restored it correctly. The data should be there.

One of the things that concerns me here is the following statement:

We actually launch the backup client from a different server to backup stash.

As described on the documentation above:

The Backup Client must be run from somewhere with access to the Stash home directory.

On the server where you are launching the backup from, how did you mount the Stash home there? Could you check if your repositories are available?

My theory is that the structure is available on the remote server but somehow not the data in the repos. You could also try running the backup client on the server where Stash is running, get the tar and restore it on the new server.

Let us know how you go.

Best,
Thiago Bomfim
DevTools Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events