Required plugin has failed to start

miguelramos March 30, 2014

I've been fighting for some days to put this stash working but all i get is a bunch of errors. I realise that some plugins are failing installing and other things. Could soemeone show me the right way to resolve this.

Here are the logs:

2014-03-30 22:23:16,358 INFO  [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.s.i.server.BuildInfoLogger Starting Stash 2.12.0 (c7cb5cd built on Tue Mar 25 06:42:52 UTC 2014)
2014-03-30 22:23:16,365 INFO  [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.s.i.server.BuildInfoLogger JVM: Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.8.0-b132
2014-03-30 22:23:18,140 INFO  [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.s.internal.home.HomeLockAcquirer Successfully acquired lock on home directory /home/stash for 3363@bunkerbox
2014-03-30 22:23:20,404 WARN  [localhost-startStop-1]  com.jolbox.bonecp.BoneCPConfig JDBC password not set in driver properties, copying it from pool config
2014-03-30 22:23:41,189 WARN  [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.s.i.license.LicenseServiceImpl No license has been configured.
2014-03-30 22:23:48,150 INFO  [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.s.i.hook.DefaultHookService Hook callback socket listening on 127.0.0.1:57212
2014-03-30 22:23:51,148 ERROR [FelixDispatchQueue]  c.a.p.o.c.f.FelixOsgiContainerManager Framework error in bundle org.springframework.osgi.extender
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle org.springframework.osgi.extender [2].
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1889) ~[org.apache.felix.framework-3.0.9.jar:na]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [na:1.8.0]
	... 3 frames trimmed
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create ConcurrentHashMap - neither JDK 1.5 nor backport-concurrent available on the classpath
	at org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory.createConcurrentMap(CollectionFactory.java:229) ~[spring-core-4.0.2.RELEASE.jar:4.0.2.RELEASE]
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:433) ~[na:1.8.0]
	... 2 common frames omitted
2014-03-30 22:23:57,820 WARN  [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.p.o.f.t.s.ScanDescriptorForHostClassesStage The plugin 'atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin-2.15.2.jar' uses a package 'org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet' that is also exported by the application.  It is highly recommended that the plugin use its own packages.
2014-03-30 22:25:08,691 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler Unable to start the following plugins due to timeout while waiting for plugin to enable: com.atlassian.stash.stash-jira-integration,com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-rest-common,com.atlassian.markup.atlassian-markup-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-sal,com.atlassian.stash.stash-scm-request-checks,com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module,com.atlassian.stash.stash-rest,com.atlassian.templaterenderer.atlassian-template-renderer-velocity1.6-plugin,com.atlassian.webhooks.atlassian-webhooks-plugin,com.atlassian.scala.plugins.scala-2.9-provider-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.plugin.stash-scm-cache,com.atlassian.stash.stash-branch-utils,com.atlassian.stash.stash-scm-git,com.atlassian.stash.stash-branch-permissions,com.atlassian.stash.stash-hipchat-integration,com.atlassian.scala.plugins.scala-2.10-provider-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-ao-common,com.atlassian.oauth.consumer,com.atlassian.stash.stash-notification,com.atlassian.stash.stash-pull-request-branch-deletion,com.atlassian.oauth.admin,com.atlassian.stash.plugin.stash-inbox-plugin,com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-stp-integration,com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.admin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-embcwd-admin-spi-impl,com.atlassian.plugins.less-transformer-plugin,com.atlassian.auiplugin,com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-dev-status-plugin,com.atlassian.httpclient.atlassian-httpclient-plugin,com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider,com.atlassian.plugins.issue-status-plugin,com.atlassian.healthcheck.atlassian-healthcheck,com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin,com.atlassian.plugins.remote-link-aggregator-plugin,com.atlassian.plugins.shortcuts.atlassian-shortcuts-plugin,com.atlassian.integration.jira.jira-integration-plugin,com.atlassian.templaterenderer.api,com.atlassian.oauth.consumer.sal,com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-chaperone,com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin,com.atlassian.soy.soy-template-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-bundled-hooks,com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider.sal,com.atlassian.stash.ssh-plugin,com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-build-integration,com.atlassian.stash.stash-auth-crowd-sso,com.atlassian.atlassian-failure-cache-plugin,com.atlassian.plugins.jquery,com.atlassian.prettyurls.atlassian-pretty-urls-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-dev-summary-plugin,com.atlassian.support.stp,com.atlassian.stash.stash-sourcetree-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-repository-ref-sync,com.atlassian.stash.stash-nav-links,com.atlassian.stash.stash-velocity-helper,com.atlassian.stash.stash-readme-plugin,com.atlassian.stash.stash-audit
2014-03-30 22:25:10,928 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1]  c.a.e.i.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event '[com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginFrameworkStartedEvent@bd7441, SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker{method=public void com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.PluginScmService.onPluginFrameworkStarted(com.atlassian.plugin.event.events.PluginFrameworkStartedEvent), listener=com.atlassian.stash.internal.scm.PluginScmService@709d05}]' from the invoker 'java.lang.RuntimeException: No SCM has been registered with ID: git'

On browser at i received is this:

A fatal error has occurred

The following problems occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:

Required plugin com.atlassian.templaterenderer.api has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-jira-integration has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.atlassian-failure-cache-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.admin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.templaterenderer.atlassian-template-renderer-velocity1.6-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.oauth.consumer.sal has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-rest-common has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-rest has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.auiplugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.oauth.consumer has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.soy.soy-template-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.activeobjects.activeobjects-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-sal has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-embcwd-admin-spi-impl has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-plugins-webresource-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-stp-integration has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider.sal has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-scm-request-checks has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.scala.plugins.scala-2.9-provider-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.plugins.jquery has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.plugins.less-transformer-plugin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-scm-git has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-nav-links has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.stash.stash-velocity-helper has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.oauth.admin has failed to start
Required plugin com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module has failed to start

Thanks for help me!

2 answers

0 votes
vladkras November 28, 2016

I'm not sure about your problem but google lead me here so I will post my solution.

I had to increase my RAM to solve all this "Required plugin has failed to start" problems. I have both Bitbucket and Confluence services on same server, so starting one after anoter caused too long waiting of this plugins to start. I assume defaut timeout is 300s which is not enough if you ran out of memory

While playing around with catalina opts like `Xmx` and `Xms` didn't help

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2014

Hi Miguel,

Could you please take a look at the Knowledge Base article below and give us a feedback

Stash failed to Start due to Required plugin failed to start

I am also interested to know about which values are printed below when you run Stash in the command line (mainly your JRE_HOME):

Using STASH_HOME:      
Using CATALINA_BASE:   
Using CATALINA_HOME:   
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: 
Using JRE_HOME:        
Using CLASSPATH:       
Using CATALINA_PID:

Thank you!

Best regards,

Thiago Bomfim

Atlassian Support - DevTools

miguelramos March 30, 2014

After digging a little bit more i founded that i was using JDK 8 and atlassian at the moment don't support this version. I've just downgraded to version 7 and now it is runnig without any issues.

Thanks for your help and sorry being dummy.

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2014

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your feedback on this. I've updated the article I first linked you to.

Best regards,

Thiago Bomfim

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events