Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository >2GB Not Letting Me Push

Bruce Friedman September 12, 2019

Hi. I am new to Bitbucket and for some reason I was unaware of the 2GB limit. My repository is currently over 6GB. I have followed the instructions on your website (https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/reduce-repository-size-321848262.html?_ga=2.211138195.721738085.1568247871-116393378.1568247871) but every time I try to force push, i get the error message that it cannot write as I have exceeded the 2GB limit. Perhaps a GC needs to be run on the repository? The files I wanted removed from the original commit were removed from my local copy

thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Hi @Bruce Friedman ,

If you visit https://bitbucket.org/account/user/USERNAME/plans-and-billing/ you will be able to review information about your account and resources used.

Regarding on the size of your repository, you should identify what make your repository exceed the 2Gb limit and reduce de size of your repository to be under 2Gb so you can run a push against your repository and continue on working.

In the documentation you have mentioned , please make sure of:

• reducing the size of your repository
  • contact Support to run a Git GC in Bitbucket Cloud (please notice this support request must come from the repository owner)
  • only then attempt on push to your repository

Do you happen to know if artifacts are being store in your repository, if so, perhaps you should consider storing them somewhere else.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Bruce Friedman September 12, 2019

Rafael thanks for responding.

I actually did not realize that there were size limitations so basically I threw all of my project related files up there (some were app, some were videos, etc..) I thought it be nice to get everything under one umbrella so my team did not have multiple places to go to get different information. Since this was my first commit on this repository, I basically removed everything last night (rolled everything back to my first commit - which was just the README file). I was able to do that on my local drive just fine, but when I went to push it (push --force) the change up, I got the response I was over-limit,

I contacted support last night to perform a GC  but have yet to hear from them

Bruce

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events