Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Size Warning, but wrong size

JonAM August 16, 2021

Hello,

My repository (/JonAM/lotr_client/) exceeded the 4 GB size limit. I followed the steps detailed here (https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/reduce-repository-size/\) to undo the last push, but I only managed to go from 4.4 GB to 4.09 GB and the repository is still locked. I reset my original branch to an even earlier commit, but the remote repo size is stuck at 4.09 GB.

git count-objects says I am under the 4 GB limit:

>git count-objects -Hv
count: 258
size: 340.09 MiB
in-pack: 8319
packs: 1
size-pack: 3.96 GiB
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0 bytes

I have the Labs feature enabled for garbage collection, but maybe something went wrong and you need to run it for me?

Thanks!

Jon

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2021

Hi, @JonAM! Welcome to the community! 

I ran the GC against your repository and managed to reduce its size from 4.9 GB to 3.4 GB, which matches your local size.

Just to give you some context around the GC process, Bitbucket triggers a garbage collection on the repository after each push, however aggressive GC is triggered by GIT once the unreachable/dangling objects become older than 30 days.

For this reason, there is no need for us to trigger a manual GC for your repository. However, we are happy to run it for you if you feel there is a need.

We already have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here:

I've linked this ticket to the feature. Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Please, feel free to share any additional questions regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

JonAM August 16, 2021

Thank you so much, Caroline! You saved my day :-)

Like Caroline R likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events