Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repos gone

PascalDutch September 10, 2021

I previously had an account for bitbucket, before it merged with all the other atlassian stuff. Today I wanted to log in with that mail adres and it asked me to provide a name and username. I thought it was weird but I did it anyway, only to discover that my repos were gone. How do I get them back?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2021

Hi @PascalDutch,

Based on your description, it sounds like you might have attempted to log in with an email alias of the account, which would prompt you to create a new account.

Log-in to Bitbucket is possible only with the primary email address, email aliases are used for Git aliasing only, so you'll need to log in with the primary email of the account.

That being said, I can see in our system that there is a Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email address as your community account, it was created a few years ago and it also owns some repos. Can you access this account and is it the one you are looking for?

Kind regards,
Theodora

PascalDutch September 13, 2021

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. No, when I go to bitbucket.com and log in with the email address linked to this account, I go to a new, empty account. Not the previous account with the repo's you are talking about.

Edit: triggered by your reply, I tried some other mail addresses and discovered that my account was registered to another account! So I got my repo's back, thanks for your help!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2021

Thanks for the update, it's good to hear that you found the account!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events