Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Repos Deleted - Account taken over

Greetings,

I experienced an unfortunate and frustrating situation. I had a personal account under an a personal email.

However, recently, the account was apparently taken over by the organization that owns my email's domain name (as an example.. let's say you sign up with gmail address, and so your account gets taken over by google... which you would not expect to be appropriate). The organization did not mean to do that, and wants to help me recover my very important repos.

Apparently the organization was simply not signed up for Bitbucket or some other such issue, and so my repos were deleted. One email was sent which I found in the spam folder, and that was it. No further warning. It is imperative that I be able to restore my repos... which I thought were very safe. I am happy to pay for Bitbucket's services as well.

My username or account name is erikdired. 

When I logged in with the same email, I was simply taken to what seems to be a new account, without any data. But it has a different account name now (it asked me for one, and did not allow my previous one because it is taken).

The support team will not or cannot help at this point, and pointed me to the community board, because the account "erikdired" shows a fee account. I vaguely recall paying for services from time to time but I am not sure, perhaps at the time this happened it was a free account. I am happy however to upgrade. What is imperative for me is to recover my repos that were so aggressively deleted.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,158 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you