Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo sizve morethan 2GB and not able to push

Rajasekhar November 12, 2019

Hello Team,

I ran the command "git count-objects -Hv" and noticed the size is 2.13 GB. Now i am following the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/reduce-repository-size-321848262.html?_ga=2.104855040.1452406227.1573548056-962572889.1564998982  to reduce the size of my repository.

Meanwhile I have a few questions:

1. Can I increase the size of the Repository with the cost?

2. How can you help me to reduce the size of the repository?

I am looking forward for your reply.

thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

Hi @Rajasekhar , thanks for reaching out!

The size of the repository can't be increased. The maximum size is 2GB per repository regardless of the type of account you have (Free, Standard, or Premium) However, if you need to have big files in your repository you could consider converting your repos to LFS (Large File Storage). With Git LFS you can purchase additional storage, you can read more about it at Git Large File Storage in Bitbucket and Use Git LFS with Bitbucket.

Regarding your second question, what would you need help with? The reduction of the size of the repository needs to be done on your side, so unfortunately that's not something we could do for you. Once the size is under 2GB, you can force push it to the remote. After a while (if not immediately) this will take effect on the remote and you'll be able to work normally with your repo again. If after a few hours the new size is not showing on the remote, please let us know so we can have a look. 

Hope that helps :) 

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events