Replicating Stash branch permissions

Lucas Harms February 5, 2015

We have write and admin groups for each project.  The idea is to setup the repos so that only admins can write (push) to the master branch, but write users can write to the rest of the branches or even create new ones.

We can go into the settings of each individual repo and create a permission for the master branch, but is there a way to do this at the project level so that it does not have to be repeated for every repo?  Maybe it is something simple that is being missed, but we haven't been able to figure out how to do it quickly.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

I think what you are looking for are some kind of templates on creating a new repository within a project.

There have been several long standing requests for Repository templates, but they aren't available yet:

And finally (to be a little polemic):https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/10418267

Lucas Harms February 6, 2015

Thanks. This is disappointing, but it is what I needed to know. Will definitely vote on it as well.

0 votes
Eric Rodewald August 3, 2015

@Thiago Bomfim If the branch permissions are restrictions, why can I not see a branch created by another developer through SourceTree until I add an advanced permission?

i.e., `*` branch -> "all devs group"

By default, shouldn't all with permissions to read the repository be able to see that branch until I put a "restriction" on it, as you say?

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2015

Hi Lucas,

The Branch permissions are actually restrictions, which are checked after project and repository level permissions. They were thought to be used to limit branch access to specific people who must still have write access to the project or repository.

For example, if two developers Xavier and Yves have write access to repository R, but only Xavier has branch permissions on branch B, then Yves won't be able to push to B.

You can read more about it:

I hope the concept is clearer now. smile

Best,
Thiago

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events