Renew License of Stash

Don Santillan April 6, 2016

Hello,

We are currently using Stash 3.11, the last version of stash not running in Bitbucket server. Our license will expire soon. Are we required to upgrade to Bitbucket Server to be able to renew our license or we can renew our license and continue using stash 3.11.

Thank you,

Mon

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2016

Hi Mon,

You're not required to upgrade to Bitbucket Server before renewing your license. You can renew your license now and continue using Stash 3.11 until you're ready to upgrade. 

0 votes
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2016

Correct me if I'm reading between the lines too much here, but I get the impression you are worried that Stash vs Bitbucket Server is an entirely different implementation under the hood. Just to assuage any potential concern there - it isn't. smile Most plugins will need an update because we rebranded our API along with the product and renamed all the API keys from, for example, com.atlassian.stash.* to com.atlassian.bitbucket.*, but otherwise the code and implementation is pretty much the same - branding change only.

I'd strongly recommend updating to Bitbucket Server at some point to continue getting bug fixes, security fixes, and new features. It's mostly just a question of when you are able to accept the cost of updating or removing any plugins whose maintainer hasn't updated them yet.

Cheers, and apologies if I read you wrongly!

Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events