Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove SVN as default source and add BitBucket

William Hurst December 11, 2011

1. Whenever I create a new project a SVN repository is created and an initial commit is made, how do I stop this?

2. I have configured Jira (via FishEye I think) to get the source from BitBucket but whenever I browse the source I only get the SVN repository that was initially created. How do I change it to the BitBucket one?

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2011

Hi William,

1) If you have FishEye included as part of your OnDemand bundle then a new top-level directory in your SVN repo will be created for each project you create. This can't be turned off, although you're free to delete that directory in SVN.

2) The Bitbucket connectivity is provided by a JIRA plugin (so FishEye isn't involved). Once you have the Bitbucket Connector set up for a given project, when you view an issue you should see a "Bitbucket" tab that will show you the relevant BB commits for that issue.

The "Source" tab is provided by the JIRA FishEye plugin, so it will only ever show you SVN data from the built-in Subversion repository as indexed by FishEye. If you are exclusively using Bitbucket, this tab will need to be ignored.

William Hurst December 12, 2011

Thanks Michael. I must say I am disapointed. When signing up, I expected full integration (as described here http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/overview/tour/code-integration). Is this planned for the future and if so when? I can't pay $10 every month for a service I can't use.

On a side note, I'm left feeling rather underwhelmed at the limitations imposed on the on demand instances (some rightly so, but most seemingly in place for no particular reason). None of these limitations where explained (or even the fact that there were limitations) when signing up and I have spent many fruitless hours trying to setup features, only to find out they were never available in the first place. Either your marketing site or your on demand setup needs an update because if this continues there will be more people left with the same level of disapointment as I currently have.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2011

Hi William,

Yes, it is planned but complete integration is some way off yet. You can always unsubscribe from FishEye while keeping JIRA and the other apps you need in order to avoid paying for services you can't use. You don't need to be subscribed to FishEye to use the current Bitbucket integration.

The sign-up page links to the FAQ down the bottom which I believe clears most of this up. The free trial period is there to determine whether the service matches your needs. If you have any questions not covered in the FAQ or the list of restricted functions (linked from the FAQ), you can always subimt a support request and ask us.

William Hurst December 12, 2011

I guess I'll unsbscribe for now then, I was really hoping to use Fisheye and Cruciblle :(

0 votes
Marc Scharer June 11, 2013

So 16 months later, are there any news on this? It seems its still as painfull as a year ago when the JIRA5 documentation was written and put online and with JIRA6 and the new admin backend structure it only got worse.

0 votes
Bruno Selva July 26, 2012

I am feeling the same way. Got Crucible for nothing.

0 votes
Raul Sieberath July 25, 2012

Same frustration here. There is no reason to sign up for Crucible if it can't be used with Bitbucket.

I did send an email asking and I got an answer confirming it would integrate. But then I found out the integration is only between Jira and BitBucket.

I guess we get for what we pay. In this case, it is not expensive. Just the hours of reading documentation.

0 votes
hadrien david March 22, 2012

Is there any ETA for having any external mercurial repos fully integrated (with crucible + fisheye)?

0 votes
JensH February 16, 2012

Im in the same boat, it is misleading and my hours spend on this make the free signup insignificant.

0 votes
Tonya Stoll February 8, 2012

I agree. I am also disappointed and feel misled by the content on this page:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/overview/tour/code-integration

touting code integration, host your code with us (Bitbucket), reviews, etc. Certainly makes it appear that code on BitBucket could work with this service.

0 votes
Tobias Knecht February 5, 2012

Is there any news on the fisheye/crucible bitbucket integration?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events