Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconfigure Stash service after upgrade?

soumia ben September 15, 2014

Hi,

I would like to confirm if after Stash upgrade, we should re-configure Stash windows service to point to the new installation directory (Same as new installation)?

Also Is there any other post-upgrade configuration that should I need to consider?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2014

Hi Soumia,

You should only strictly follow the Upgrade guide. No reconfiguration of the Windows service is required. No post-upgrade configuration task is required aside from the Step #4 which an update on any custom configuration is required (we recommend doing that before you start the new version).

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support - DevTools

soumia ben September 15, 2014

Hi Thiago, Actually, I have just tested the upgrade in my test server, and it seems that the upgrade from an archive file do not update the Stash Windows service. I had to remove the old service and create a new service using the instructions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Running+Stash+as+a+Windows+service I didn't tested with Stash installer. Thanks,

ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2014

Hi Soumia, You are right. That's why our documentation has been updated so everyone would use the installer instead. We have a documentation on Installing Stash from an archive file: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Install+Stash+from+an+archive+file If you execute that procedure, on step #8 configuring Stash as a service on Linux and Windows is part of what is required.

Linus Lindroth January 17, 2015

Hi, I just tried upgrading Stash 3.3.0 to 3.6.0 on a windows server and the service still points to 3.3.0 which is the version that gets started. I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't take care of updating the service even if it says it will update it. I double checked the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and the path to executable is still the old one. After manually changing the path in the registry it still doesn't work. Stash 3.3.0 is the one that gets started, very strange.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

No. You should not need to do that. But as a practice, I normally also remove the service and let the installer re-install the service.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events