Recommendations about location of stash home directory?

Intel CHD Jira Admin March 24, 2015

I can't find any recommendations about the location of stash home directory in regard to performance and reliability.

Is an NFS mount ok?

Is a local disk better?

I'm surprised Atlassian doesn't say something about this, because they are quite explicit about not recommending an NFS mount for fisheye's repos. (We mount them on NFS and don't appear to have a problem;)).

Any ideas here would be welcome.

-David

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

It all depends on your set up. I suspect though that local disk will be much better. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+home+directory has a list of what's stored in the home directory. This includes the git directories (and temporary directories). Doing git operations across a nfs mount might have some performance issues (I would think it will more than likely will) depending on your set up.

Intel CHD Jira Admin March 24, 2015

You're speculating too! Do you know of any benchmarks? I find it curious that there is such an explicit warning against NFS mounts for fisheye, but silence for Stash. Maybe people are just using NFS, hence no complaints, hence no warnings. (More speculation...) Even https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Scaling+Stash is silent about the repo storage. -David

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2015

Stash uses the home directory very heavily, so the faster/lower latency it is, the better. This is not speculation, it is just common sense.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events