cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions related to Bitbucket

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016

I have some questions related to Bitbucket those are  as follows

1. Window ID Integration BitBucket.
2. Revert/ Rollback whole project to last version. 
3. Locking facility for a single page or folder (ie. is it possible to give the permission on file/folder wise).

Is it possible to achieve these functionality within the Bitbucket(server/cloud).

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2016
  1. Yes, you can integrate Bitbucket Server with Active Directory
  2. This seems more like a function of your build and deployment system (Bamboo?) unless you actually want to revert the source code itself.  In which case you can do that locally with git (git reset --hard) and then do a force push to Bitbucket.
  3. Bitbucket only allows you to set permissions on a per repo or per project level.  So you would have to put your page or folder that needed a different level of security into its own repository (and potentially its own project, since repo's inherit the permissions of their project).

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2016

Thanks @Tim Crall for your valuable response.

As you suggest in the Answers, I will try to achieve these functionality.  

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2016

I could not getting this "In which case you can do that locally with git (git reset --hard) and then do a force push to Bitbucket.point.

My second question is that .

Suppose In my master branch (file) 4 lines of code was there and one of my team member done some changes into that master branch (file) ie. suppose he has added another 4 lines of code into that file and he has committed that changes but after that we came to know is that code is faulty code now we want to revert that.

so like this can we achieve??  

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2016

Yes, you can do this with 'git reset' or 'git revert'.  Reset is cleaner, but changes history, which will cause problems if anyone else has clones of the code with the bad commit, so that's considered the best practice when dealing with a shared branch like master.

git revert <commit_id_of_bad_commit>

will create a new commit that exactly undoes all the changes introduced by the specified commit.

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2016

HI @Tim Crall,

Thanks for your response.

This is the Master branch. it contains one line within  new.txt file. (PFA) 

2016-07-20_1045.png

This is the new feature/permission branch. it contains two lines within  new.txt file. (PFA)

2016-07-20_1045_001.png

As u mentioned in above comment, i wanted to revert last line from feature/permission branch of new.txt file and i tried to revert but it gives error.

2016-07-20_1045_002.png

please give some suggestions.

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2016

Thanks @Tim Crall,

we can do that.

reset1.pngreverting(UNDO).pngreset2.png 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events