Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re Upgrading SVN, JIRA and a Windows & Linux Environment

Melissa B. August 17, 2012

Hi,

We're currently running SVN, FishEye, Eclipse and JIRA on a Windows platform. We are planning to run everything on a Linux platform. I know I asked questions yesterday regarding upgrades but I needed to clarify that in addition to upgrading these tools, is there anything we need to be aware of that might be 'gotchas' before we migrate to Linux?

Our current plan as of today's meeting is to:

1. Make a copy of our current VM that is hosting all our current CM tools and from there perform an upgrade of JIRA in our test environment.

2. One assumption that was made at today's meeting is that by upgrading JIRA that we won't have to add another pre-commit hook since we already have that in place with our current JIRA and SVN. Is that true?

3. Once we have successfully upgraded JIRA and integrated with our current Windows SVN then our next step was going to be to migrate this to the later SVN version that would be running on Linux.

4. I don't suppose it's possible that our current JIRA instance could be pointed to more than 1 SVN repository where one is in Windows and the other SVN is on Linx? That was a question that came up today too. The reason it came up is that we are providing O&M and our code is in our current SVN that's on Windows but our new development work was to go in to a later version of SVN that's on Linux..

Thanks in advance for your help!

Melissa

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012
  • If you are using Fisheye, then you need not connect JIRA directly to SVN.
  • Regarding point 2 can you explain it a bit more as requested by Harry Chan, are you talking about Commit Acceptance plugin?
  • If you are using JIRA to SVN mapping directly in JIRA, AFAIK, per project you can associate only one repository, but that restriction goes away if you have Fisheye/Crucible which enables you to use projects which can map to multiple repositories per project.
Melissa B. September 7, 2012

Hi Renjith,

We plan on adding Fisheye at some point to our newer version of JIRA (which is now integrated with our newer SVN) but will this cause any kind of conflict once we add Fisheye since we already have a pre-commit hook in place?

Thanks and let me know.

Melissa

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

Hi,

Can you explain what you are currently trying to achieve with your pre-commit hook?

You will need the JIRA SVN plugin - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion to do what's been described. You can definitely add different repositories from different locations.

Melissa B. September 7, 2012

Hi Harry,

It appears this is now moot as our lead developer was able to add the pre-commit hook to our new instance of JIRA that's now integrated with our newer version of SVN. I'm not sure how he did it but I know he was going to look at how it was set up with our older JIRA/SVN that we're still using.

Thank you for the answer you provided though as this is appreciated.

Respectfully,

Melissa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events