Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push events not showing audit log

Chris Wundram October 31, 2013

I would like to be able to see events like when people push a change to a repository in the audit log for the repository. But I don't see them. I tried setting the audit.highest.priority.to.log setting to LOW in the stash-config.properties file, but that didn't make a difference. Is there another setting? The only thing I see in the repository audit log is the event when I created the repository.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 31, 2013

Hi Chris,

PushEvents are only logged in the audit log file (STASH_HOME/log/audit/atlassian-stash-audit.log). Only a small set of audited events are visible in the web-ui (Repository > Settings > Audit Log). Pushes should occur fairly regularly and would make it hard to see the setting and permission related events in the audit log.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Chris Wundram October 31, 2013

oh, that is a little disappointing. I was hoping to easily be able to check for push events, and who did the push in the UI.

Thanks.

Dana Cleveland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

Follow-up to that Michael..

What is consider the level that is visible in the WEB-UI. I do not see that any documentation that says. I ended up creating my own audit plugin before i saw exactly what the built in one can do.. I'm still trying to determine if mine is needed.

kiran jonnalagadda August 8, 2019

Michael, I am also in same boots here is there a way to pull push events making a rest call?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events