Push Failed: Failed to push some refs

Stephen Brown September 6, 2013

New using stash, and not sure if we've got it configured correctly yet. SVN is working, but I'm trying to get Git working as well. I clone successfully locally, go to push a change and I get the error:

Push failed: error: failed to push some refs to ...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Stephen

1 answer

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2013

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear that. I'm going to need to see some more details though. The push could have failed for many reasons. Was there a specific error that came with the 'push failed' message?

My advice would be to create a support ticket and attach a support zip (under Administration -> Support Tools) so that we will be able to help you further.

Additionally you might also want to have a look in the $STASH_HOME/log/atlassian-stash.log file and see if there are any clues in there. If you attach any errors you find to this page I might be able to diagnose the problem.

Cheers,

Charles

nonstoppants November 5, 2018

I'm having the same issue. 

error: failed to push some refs to 'git@bitbucket.org:nonstoppants/hello_app.git'

if navigated to the directory in the cloud9 IDE and was able to create the origin, but I can not get it to push the project

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events