Pull request updates showing wrong user

Jeff Gardner June 20, 2016

How does Bitbucket determine which user updated a pull request? I have a team member that is creating the pull request and then pushing periodic updates, but for some reason the periodic updates show that they are being updated by the wrong user. The commits themselves reflect the correct user, but it says that another user updated the pull request with the commits. Why could this be?

3 answers

1 vote
guilleflm April 12, 2018
0 votes
Vilash Varghese May 10, 2018

I am also facing a similiar issue where my PR updates is registered by some other name. All the other normal commits is picking up my names correctly. Any help on this appreciated?

manan24 May 10, 2018

My team used @guilleflm's solution and it worked for them.

0 votes
dtao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2016

Is your team member possibly using someone else's credentials, for example by using a shared username/password when pushing over HTTPS?

Jeff Gardner June 20, 2016

We checked his repo config, as well as his global git config, and they all seem to be setup properly.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2016

His local config should be fine if the commit author information is correct. I think the credentials Dan is referencing are the credentials being used to access the remote, or maybe the credentials set up for the Bitbucket Extended Integration.

In other words, check Repository > Repository Settings... > Remotes

and

Clone > Globe icon (Browse Hosted Projects) > Edit Accounts...

Jeff Gardner June 21, 2016

His origin URL is setup with his username, but it doesn't ask him to authenticate when he does a fetch/pull/push command and he says he never supplied his password. I think the other user had signed into his Atlassian account when SourceTree was installed on the machine, but we can't figure out where the credentials are being stored.

manan24 March 7, 2018

I have been struggling with this for 2 months. Two of my teammates also face the same issue. 

Commit information is correct but the Name in the PR email and periodic updates shows other Teammate's name. 

We have checked all settings, global config, etc. and it shows everything correct. Is there any resolution for this?

PFA ref screenshot. Pratik is incorrect name, Rajendra is the correct author and committer.

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 1.06.36 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events