Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull request in master(production branch) should be automerged in release/branch if it's exists

Andrey Shovkoplyas March 25, 2015

If i have release/v1 branch , and a want to merge hotfix in master(production) pellrequest in master preffer to me only automerge in develop but not in release/v1, how can i automerge in release branch without additional pullrequest in release

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2015

You probably don't want to do this as it creates a minefield for the next person who might want to merge some code between those branches.

Instead, you probably want to do a merge into the release branch with the "ours" strategy so that the code is marked as merged, but all of the code changes are ignored.

See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9390955 for details.

0 votes
Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2015

This page has everything you need to know about automatic merging.

Andrey Shovkoplyas March 29, 2015

Yes, i know, thanks, but it seems my question was like feature request

Balázs Szakmáry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2015

If you want to make a feature request, you should do it on jira.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events