Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull request identifiers in Bamboo

caidurbin August 27, 2017

Now that support for pull requests has been added in Bamboo 6, I'm interested in closing the loop with a Bitbucket pull request by letting my Bamboo build post comments back into the PR. I'd like to use this to automate some aspects of code review using tools like Danger.

I've been able to successfully set up my Bamboo plan to be triggered when a pull request is created in Bitbucket. My next step is to post comments back into the PR using the Bitbucket API. I'll need at least three bits of info

1. The repo's project key on Bitbucket
  2. The repo's slug on Bitbucket
  3. The pull request's identifier on Bitbucket

The project key and slug can be parsed out of info that is already available to the build. For example, the bamboo.planRepository.<position>.repositoryUrl variable

What I don't see is a way to get the pull request's identifier. Is there a variable or setting that I'm missing that makes this identifier available to the tasks during a Bamboo build?

I've looked at the other variables listed in Bamboo's documentation and also looked at the environment variables available during my task's execution using the printenv command in a Script task. 

1 answer

0 votes
jimmypi January 20, 2018

Maybe you already have found a solution to this, but I am facing the same issue.  I looked as well, and there does not seem to be any variable available 'out-of-the-box' in Bamboo.

One way I can see to get more information about the PR associated with the branch I am building is to use the 'pull-requests' endpoint of the Bitbucket REST API.  (send GET to rest/api/1.0/projects/<PROJ_NAME>/repos/<REPOSITORY_NAME>/pull-requests) -- then you can parse the 'values' returned to lookup the identifier for the branch you are interested in.

The branch information should be available in Bamboo's $repository.git.branch variable.

I really like your idea of posting a comment back to the PR with some useful info!

jimmypi January 21, 2018

After searching for some more, this ticket seems to exactly describe the issue:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18350

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events