Pull request creation

dbranco January 24, 2018

In a team of 2 people is it possible to create pull requests? The problem is that I dont appear in the list to be added in the reviewers and I can't create the pull request.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Daniel! Pull requests are available even for single user accounts. Do you have permissions for that repo? Can you send us a screenshot of what you see? Are you using Bitbucket Server or Cloud?

If you need more help on how to create a pull request you can find the instructions here for Bitbucket Server and here for Cloud.

For more information on how to add reviewers, you can also check Add default reviewers to Pull requests.

Best regards,

Ana

dbranco January 24, 2018

Hello Ana,

I found the problem. It was silly of me, the feature branch was at the same level as the master branch so bitbucket don't let me create any pull request until there is a commit.

The error was present yes but in the bottom of the form, and not highlighted. I though that a pull request was to add certain commits to then review it, and not to add at least one commit and then create it. The process was a little confusing, maybe logical but not user friendly; as a dumb user I wasn't expecting to create a pull request after a push, else as administrator I was preparing the feature branch to the team work on it in the same topic, and prepare the whole structure (pull request, review whatever).

Summarizing it is solved, but at least highlight the error in the form would be good.

Kind regards,

Daniel Branco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events