Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when pushing and pulling

Ferran Labrador September 20, 2019

When I do a Fetch or a Commit do not appear any pull or push respectively. I try to unistall the programme and reinstall, but the issue is still there. What should I do to solve it?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hi @Ferran Labrador

We will need a little bit more context on what are you trying to achieve.

• What do you mean by pull and push not appearing when you do a fetch and commit?

If you are just talking about repository operations, this is the normal set of steps when using a repository:

• Fetch or Pull changes (the pull command includes a fetch and merge in the local working directory)
  • Edit the files
  • Commit the changes
  • Push the changes to the remote repository

All of the above are manual actions unless you configure something in your environment to do some of them automatically for you.

Please let me know if this makes sense or if I'm misunderstanding you.

Ferran Labrador September 25, 2019

Hi @Daniel Santos 

The problem is that when someone has applied changes and I do a fetch, then I can't do a pull of this changes because the SourceTree is not detecting this changes.

The same happen when I edit files and commit them. When I try to push them to the repository I can't do it because the SourceTree does not detect this changes.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hi @Ferran Labrador

What happens if you try to checkout the repository using the terminal without source tree?
Are you able to checkout the code with the new changes?

Let's try to isolate sourcetree to check if the problem is related to it or not. I'll move this question to the Sourcetree collection.

Ferran Labrador September 25, 2019

Hi @Daniel Santos 

I'm going to check if in the repository I can open the file with the new changes. Once I check it I let you know.

Ferran Labrador September 26, 2019

Hi @Daniel Santos

I've checked the repository and I can checkout the code with the new changes.

So the problem is in sourcetree.

Manju
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2019

Is this on Windows? or macOS? What version of Sourcetree are you using? Is the repo using https or ssh? 

Ferran Labrador September 30, 2019

Finally I've solved the issue cloning again the repository.

Thank you 

Like Daniel Santos likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events