Problem with Bitbucker Server following system restart

dcode November 9, 2020

Hello,

We recently had our IT support company install bitbucket server by following the online instructions.  The server software is installed on Windows Server 2019.  A SQL Server database is on another system.   The bitbucket version is 7.5.2.

None of use have any experience with this software.  However, the install appeared to go smoothly and afterwards we could access the bitbucket server Administration webpage.

The user that is using bitbucket just reported that it hasn't been working lately.  When I go to the server URL, the Bitbucket Setup page is displayed.  I selected External database and re-entered the database information hoping that would fix the problem but instead it complained that it needed an empty database for setup.  I don't see any links to allow me to do anything but run setup again.

Event viewer shows that the system was rebooted a few days ago so I suspect that's what broke things. 

How do I point the server at the existing database to get things working again?  And how do we prevent future reboots from causing problems?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dcode November 12, 2020

The IT support person that installed this for us determined that when the system restarted, the Bitbucket service restarted using the wrong directory.  He reconfigured the service to use the correct directory and that fixed the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events