Problem using LDAP directory service

Simone Roselli January 7, 2013

I'm trying to setup external LDAP directory service for stash. After setting up the ldap configuration page the test is not entirely successful:

Test basic connection: Succeeded

Test retrieve user: Succeeded

Test get user's memberhips with 0 groups retrieved. : Failed

Test retrieve group: Not performed

Test get group members.: Not performed

Test user can authenticate: Succeded

Looking in the LDAP log I see this query:

base=ou=Group,dc=develer,dc=com filter=(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(memberUid=uid=username,ou=people,dc=develer,dc=com))

With our LDAP directory structure this query will not work. How can I configure stash to use this query filter:

(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(memberUid=username))

i.e. the memberUid attribute contains only the username, without all the rest of the user DN.

(memberUid is the value specified in stash configuration: Membership schema settings/Group Members attribute)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simone Roselli March 18, 2013

I discovered what was wrong: it's sufficient to select the right directory type in configuration: the right one for our ldap configuration is "OpenLDAP (read-only posix schema)". I thought it was only the read only version of "OpenLDAP" entry, instead these two configurations use different schemas for groups.

Fusion_Core September 18, 2019

Thank you!!!!

2 votes
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2013

Hi Simone,

You should be able to configure the Group Object Filter to fit your needs in the LDAP configuration of Stash:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Configuring+an+LDAP+directory#ConfiguringanLDAPdirectory-Groupschemasettings

- Pelle

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events