Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: "Someone has already added that key as an access key to a repository."

camurali March 16, 2022

Hello,

I can't add ssh key to my account settings.

Check result below:

$ ssh -Ti ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub git@bitbucket.org
authenticated via ssh key.

You can use git to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled

3 answers

2 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2022

Hi, @camuralithank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community. 

As we will need to know the public ssh key to further investigate this case, I have created an internal ticket for you using the email of your community account, so you don't have to share this information here. 

You should have received an email with a link to the support ticket. Just in case you haven't received it, please feel free to let me know and I can post the ticket URL here. The ticket will be visible only to you and Atlassian staff, no one else can view its contents even if they have the URL.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Caroline

0 votes
İlhan Mihaylov March 21, 2022

This is just a terrible design. If someone knows my public SSH key can simply add it to an empty repository and this will prevent me using my SSH forever on BitBucket. For someone having their SSH key added to lots of places, changing the key is not that simple. One of the worst nonsense I've ever seen.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Hi @camurali,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

A ssh key can either be added your your account, or it can be added to a specific repository. You cannot add the same key to both your account and on a specific repository. So, you would either check all your repositories and remove your key from there, or generate a new ssh key and add it to your account. 

camurali March 16, 2022

I have too many repositories. How can I find out which repositories the ssh key is in?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2022

Unfortunately there is no centralized way to find which repository your key is associated with. So if you do not want to check all your repositories your option is to create a new key and add that one to your account.

camurali March 17, 2022

Can I get help if I create a support ticket for this issue?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2022

I have notified the support team, they might be able to run something on the backend to find the repository for you.

camurali March 19, 2022

Thank you. Also how can i find out the check result of the support team?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events