cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private repository administration

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2013

Hi

How can I administrate all the private repositories? As an administrator I need to know who has how many private repositories and be able to administrate them too! I can't find such an option and the menu entry Repositories can only View all public repositories. But as an administrator I need to see all repositories on our Stash installation.

Any idea or hint would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Yves

2 answers

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2013

Hi Yves,

Are you talking about disabling private repositories, or just forks? Forks can be disabled at the repository level (in settings) or globally:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+config+properties

Unfortunately there isn't a way (currently) to disable private repositories.

Just out of curiosity, what aspect of the repository do you need to administer? It would be good to know what we might need to add to support this.

Cheers,

Charles

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2013

Hi Charles,

yes, I'm asking for the possibility to disable or at least administrate private repositories. The reason for this is to know what's going on on our Stash installation, which is a must have to prevent issues with the law if there is the possibility for external developers to register and use our Stash instance. Normally it should be used for project development but if no administrator can "see" what's going on, who knows which content is hosted there?

The required features are at least these ones:

• Possibility to disable the feature completely
  • Possibility to disable the feature per user
  • See the used space for each private repository
  • Simple browse functionality to check the private repo content
Like Konstantin Zaporozhtsev likes this
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2013

Hi Yves,

Thanks for that. I'll pass your suggestions onto the PM.

You can also look at the $STASH_HOME/data/repositories directory. If you install this plugin (https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/stash-reponame-plugin) the config file should contain information about what each repository is. Personal repositories will always have 'stash.project' starting with '~'. You can then also just use normal git commands to view the content or calculate the size.

I realise this isn't ideal. Feel free to raise a feature request on our public issue tracker:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2013

At the moment, there's no UI for this.

The only thing that can help you is the REST api:

GET /rest/api/latest/projects/PROJECT_KEY/repos/repo_slug/forks

starwarsfan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2013

Hm, that's odd.

So how can I disable this feature completely?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events