Prevent PR author from being reviewer

Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu August 12, 2016

Hello,

In our Bitbucket implementation, for some projects/repositories, we need to prevent authors from adding themselves as reviewers for pull requests.

Does anyone have any idea how to achieve this?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2016

[continued from my comment]

According to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/16877304 it apparently hasn't been possible back in 2015 at least, and that matches our experience with release 4.4.1 still.

I have briefly checked later release notes, but couldn't identify anything obvious, though the option to 'Add default reviewers for pull requests' in Bitbucket Server 4.8 might imply what you are seeing if a PR author is also a default reviewer - are you on 4.8.x already?

Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu August 14, 2016

Hi @Steffen Opel [Utoolity],

Your answer did raised some questions here, it appears there have been some serious modding going on by some Java guys, to allow that to happen. I've reverted those and now my initial requirement, not to allow self as reviewer, is working as expected.

Thank you for your help!

Marjon Zubiri February 12, 2019

Apparently, this is true in Bitbucket Cloud. Just saw it happen, author added himself as reviewer, approved the pull request, and merged it. :( Again, how can this be prevented?

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2016

Interesting, how do you actually add yourself as a reviewer? We are in the opposite camp, i.e. we'd prefer being able to do so (to signal a PR as 'ready for review') - this works in Bitbucket Cloud, but doesn't seem to be available in Bitbucket Server (on 4.4.1 right now)?

Maybe we can figure out the difference between our Bitbucket Server configurations so that we can both get what we want smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events