Post SVN Migration - New Project, how to connect to Jira

Lee Bartelme November 12, 2013

I've done the whole SVN migration thing a while back and all works well. I'm for the first time since migrating having the need to create a new project. I've created the project in Jira and created the project in Bitbucket.

How do I link the two projects so my commits show up in Jira with the tickets? All my migrated projects have a POST hook which I thought might be it, but don't see how to configure it.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

You don't have to! When you add a new repo in Bitbucket, the DVCS connector picks up this change, then adds the POST hook to trigger JIRA to see new commits. There is nothing else you need to configure. Additionally, ALL repositories are connected to ALL projects, so any commit with a key for any project will show up in JIRA on the ticket.

In short, it should *just work* and if it doesn't, please let us know the specifics in support.

Lee Bartelme November 13, 2013

That's strange. When does this happen. After I created everything, there was not POST, however today when I went to look at it in both JIRA and Bitbucket I can see the commit in Jira and it links correctly to Bitbucket and the POST is now in the Hooks section.

Is this something that takes a few minutes to propogate? Or does it happen after the first Commit? I know the POST was not there right after I made the project.

0 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2013

JIRA has a service which runs about once an hour to update the list in JIRA and add the hooks. If you go to the DVCS connector and select the cog -> refresh it will manually refresh and add the new repos.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events