Please clarify, will bitbucket server still integrate with Confluence and JIRA?

Jerry Thomas October 23, 2015

Please clarify this statement in the Bitbucket rebrand faq https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-rebrand-faq-779298912.html

Issue tracking and wiki - Bitbucket Cloud offers basic wiki support and issue tracking. With the availability of Confluence for documentation, and JIRA Software for integrated software development planning and tracking, it is not our intention to build the same into Bitbucket Server, however we will continue to improve upon the integration with these products.

It sounds like Bitbucket does not and will not integrate with Confluence and JIRA as Stash did.

2 answers

2 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2015

Hi Jerry,

From this statement I understand the confusion, but I believe the intention was actually to make clear that nor documentation or dev planning and tracking would be included directly into Bitbucket.

Bitbucket Server integrates with Confluence and JIRA just the same way as Stash did. Either way, I'll communicate with tech writers about your observation.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

1 vote
Adam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2015

The statement means that we likely will not be building standalone wiki and issues into Bitbucket Server because we expect that installers of Bitbucket Server can install JIRA and Confluence and take advantage of the existing integrations there. There are no changes planned to remove those integrations and integration-wise,  everything available in Stash is still available in Bitbucket Server  and will be for the foreseeable future.

Bitbucket Cloud (also known as https://bitbucket.org) doesn't currently have those integrations.

Chris Gembarowski July 21, 2017

What are the "existing integrations?"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events