Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to migrate bitbucket from SVN

Jay September 4, 2017

Hello Team,

We are planning to migrate bitbucket from SVN, Kindly provide your valuable suggestion on this process and what all the steps we need to follow, Which way is the best process like 1.SVN to Git migration and sync to Bitbucket or  2.Directly migrate Bitbucket from SVN Kindly let me know your valuable suggestions and its very urgent.

Thanks

Jay

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

There exists an app called SVN Mirror that actually makes Bitbucket look like a Subversion server, and that way make your migration smoother.

I'd definitely check this out.

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hi Jay, we have plenty of resources for that in our Community and our Knowledge base. If you're going to use Bitbucket Cloud, you can import them directly following the steps at Import a repository.

If you're going to use Bitbucket Server, you'll need to migrate from SVN to Git first, we have a step by step guide at Migrating. If you need more help regarding Bitbucket you can also read Get started with Bitbucket Server.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Jay September 6, 2017

Hello Ana,

Thanks for your quick reply,

I expecting some thing different like each step by step with screen shots,because i getting lot of issues when we are migrating SVN to Bitbucket.

Kindly help me with your valuable suggesstions

Thanks

Jay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events