Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipelines and Beanstalk "The current user does not have the correct permissions"

Steven January 16, 2019

I receive this as an error when trying to follow the guide:

ERROR: The current user does not have the correct permissions. 
Reason: Operation Denied. The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided.
Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.
ERROR: The current user does not have the correct permissions.
Reason: Operation Denied. The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method.
Consult the service documentation for details.
You have not yet set up your credentials or your credentials are incorrect You must provide your credentials.(aws-access-id):
ERROR: EOFError - EOF when reading a line

I have both AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY defined. The user that the keys are for are my personal account which is the account manager and created the BeanStalk environment, so I'm unsure if I'm missing something else?

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeroen De Raedt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2019

Hi @Steven

A couple of things can be going on here. 

Did you check whether the correct AWS roles are assigned to the access credentials that you provided? 

Alternatively, could you try to debug the command that you are trying to run? For example, if you are running `eb init`, try running this as `eb init -debug`. The log output should contain more info. 

Steven March 10, 2019

It appeared that I was passing in the wrong values (I had them reversed). The error message wasn't reflecting that. But after reentering the values, it worked as expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events