Pipelines Rsync only latest commits and changed files

Is there an easy way to just rsync files that were changed since the last commit?
Because now there is Pipelines Deployments and I do not like the fact that I am rsyncing my whole website while I only need a few files that were changed.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes

Rsync is already incremental - it will only push (or pull) the difference between source and destination.

Yes, true, but since the environment that I am syncing to, has been updated last week (for example). And my Docker image has just been created. The files on the Docker images, are ALWAYS newer than the files on the environment that I want to sync to.

So I can not choose to just sync changed files, since every single file in my docker images, always has a newer date than the files on the server, since those were already there before I started the Docker images.

So how am I going to fix that?

If it is just the date that is an issue, you can add the -c flag to synchronize based on checksum.

-c, --checksum              skip based on checksum, not mod-time & size

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

682 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot