Permissions in issue tracker

Keith Rice April 17, 2014

On BitBucket I have a project, and I have granted read, write, and admin access to User X. User X can create and edit issues in the project's issue tracker but does not have permissions to resolve the issue. How do I give User X this permission? Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Keith Rice April 23, 2014

The answer I received from BitBucket tech support:

"They should have permission to resolve the issues."

I believe them; it is possible that my colleague is confused.

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2014

Check your Permission Scheme that is being used for the Jira project. There is a global permission called "Resolve Issue." It's most likely the case that the user does not have this permission, so you'd need to add them to whatever method of controlling that permission you're using. It is also possible that there is some additional restriction in the workflow. There are transition "Conditions" and "Validators" that can control whether a user can run a particular transition. If there is a "Condition" that is not met, the user will not see a "Resolve Issue" button at all. If it is a "Validator" problem the button will display, but throw an error when the transition is attempted. Hopefully that helps point you in the right direction.

Keith Rice April 18, 2014

Thank you for your response! My team is not using JIRA, as far as I can tell, just "vanilla" BitBucket and its built-in issue tracker.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events