Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions for all Authenticated Users in a Bitbucket Repository

Michael Lihs December 16, 2015

Hi there,

is there any possibility to create a repository in a Bitbucket project that is "private" a.k.a. not visible for all logged in users and then have a repository within this project that is visible (read/writeable) for all logged in users. Like

• Project <-- Default Permissions: No Access
    • Repository A <-- restricted access
    • Repository B <-- visible to all logged in users

What I need is kind of a group like "everybody" or "logged in users".

Thanks for your help,

Michael

1 answer

0 votes
Steven Whitman December 16, 2015

Repository permissions are additive so it is possible.  Once you add a repository to the project that can be seen by a user, the project will also be visible to that user but any repositories that they don't have access for will not be visible.

Michael Lihs December 17, 2015

Hi @Steven Whitman - thanks for your answer. Unfortunately this piece of information is not helping me. I know that I can "add permissions" but only on a per-user or per-group basis. What I need is a group for "all users" that I don't have to maintain, i.e. not add any new users. That is the only practical way at the moment to maintain the permissions in a doable fashion.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

I think it depends on how you have your user management configured. Are you integrating with an LDAP server or Active Directory? On our system we have a "Stash Users" group that users have to be in in order to receive Stash licenses, but I don't think that's a built-in feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events