Permissions - Disallow access to source

Arjen Schipmolder January 27, 2013

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to only give a group of users access to the issues and wiki tabs of a repository?

So, I'd basically like to disable access to the actual source code for several users but do want them to be able to see and log issues and read the wiki.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2013

Sure! Simply mark your repository private and your issues and wiki public. For more information, check out our docs.

Thanks Marcus, I did read that doc, but understood that that would make the wiki and/or issues accessible by anyone. Is that correct?

I've got it all set up as private now which is exactly how I need it to be with the exception that I need to prevent a number of my users from seeing the source code.

Does that make any sense?

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2013

Ahh, yes, this isn't possible at the moment. We do have this issue open tracking that request. Please add some comments to the issue so we know your interest.

Ok, thanks Marcus. I've added my comments.

Slightly worrying that a key feature like that has still not been implemented 2 years after logging though :(

Thanks for your help though!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events