Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path variable for Stash contains /root?

Tim_Brigham March 3, 2014

My developers recently noticed some odd behavior. After the last restart of our Stash server we are getting the following when pushing / pulling to our Stash repositories:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false fetch origin
warning: unable to access '/root/.config/git/config': Permission denied
warning: unable to access '/root/.gitconfig': Permission denied
warning: unable to access '/root/.config/git/config': Permission denied
warning: unable to access '/root/.gitconfig': Permission denied

From what I've read this happens if the PATH variable contains '/root/'. How can I resolve this? It's still possible to commit without issue but it's a bit distracting and it'll take extra error handling for writing scripts.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Hi Tim,

Do you mind raising a support ticket and attaching your support zip with as much details about how Stash is running? It's most likely running as the wrong user, or with the wrong home or user. I don't think there's anything you can do about the warning until that is fixed - we don't have control over that directly.

Charles

Tim_Brigham March 9, 2014

Thanks @Charles. The behavior of the init script we've used since we started using Stash changed. No idea why but it is fixed. :)

0 votes
Tim_Brigham March 9, 2014

For some unknown reason the init script that we've used since installing Stash no longer functioned as it should. The results of my ticket:

If your script is running this: <tt>/bin/su -m $USER -c "$CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh &> /dev/null"</tt> the <tt>-m</tt> is preserving the environment from the calling user who appears to be root.

There are instructions for running Stash as a service that will serve you better. I would recommend using these if you can't get it running.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events