Patching Mercurial Failed

MyRemoteProjects September 2, 2013

I've just updated Mercurial to 2.7 and when I tell SourceTree to use the System Mercurial and select the correct directory, I get 'Patching Mercurial Failed":-

SourceTree requires a few small changes to Mercurial to run optimally, but applying one of these patches (hg_patch_prompting_hg1.9.diff) against your system copy failed with the error ''

SourceTree will use its internal copy of Mercurial instead.

Note: the error is empty. How do I fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi Chris,

Yes we don't support later versions of Mercurial yet for various reasons. We do plan on upgrading both the Git and Mercurial embedded versions, however it takes a lot of testing to make sure everything is working as expected. Our next round of major releases aren't going through a beta stage so as a result it means we won't be upgrading the embedded versions of supporting the cutting edge Mercurial version for a short while longer than expected.

This will be going higher up on our list of things to do, and hopefully we can support them in a sub-version.

I've created an issue for this here and marked it as critical: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-1816

Hope that helps

Garth Kidd April 27, 2014

Kieran, how's this going? Mercurial is up to 2.9, with a 3.0 RC. SourceTree still ships 2.2 and can't use 2.9 as the system hg because its plugins are not compatible. If the consequence of not having a beta stage is sticking with a two year old (May 2012) dependency series, should you perhaps re-think the beta?

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Hey Garth,

Sorry about this, looks like it slipped off the radar for 1.8. I'll be working on this as a minor release for 1.9 instead in the very near future. The Windows version of SourceTree already handles this so we already know how to address this.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events