Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password not working on SourceTree

Viewing page 2 of 2

36 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Maddy Annibale October 18, 2015

I'm also having this issue.  After constant prompts for my password every few seconds I ended up changing my username hoping it'd let me start fresh.  It didn't help.  The fixes suggested everywhere else don't work.  I'm still getting constant prompts for passwords but the username is locked to my old one and the authentication tab is empty.  When I uninstall the program and reinstall it automatically starts with all of my previous account info there so I don't get the option of using my new Bitbucket account.

0 votes
Jesse Mock October 7, 2015

Having the same issue on latest Windows client that I just updated!  Having the issue connecting to github.  I am 100% sure my credentials are correct.  It works fine on my mac too.  

0 votes
Siddhesh Prabhu June 5, 2015

Experiencing the same problem. Tried logout and login multiple times on bitbucket.org and the credentials work fine. If I use the same credentials in SourceTree they don't work.

0 votes
Felix Pahlow February 1, 2015

I experienced the same issue. My password contained a paragraph sign (`§`) and I was trying to login from the Windows client, which did not work with 1.6.12.0. After changing my password to something without paragraph character, it worked. Probably an encoding issue.

0 votes
Alan Cece June 19, 2014

I too am running into this issue. We have a private stash server setup that about 20 users setup on Sourcetree have no issue accessing, but one developer cannot clone projects in sourcetree, it just continually asks for his password. I can clone projects through the terminal for him, but not through Sourcetree itself. Any thoughts?

0 votes
Jamie Austad May 13, 2014

I am having trouble with the password not working on Sourcetree. Using a Macbook Pro (which I don't normally use for Sourcetree), I open Sourcetree, open the desired repository and click Fetch. I confirm 'fetch from all remotes' and am prompted for a password for user "xyz" on host bitbucket.org. I enter the Bitbucket password and am promped over and over again for a password, which seems to indicate it is not correct (even though I've tested this password on the Bitbucket website).

Am I doing something wrong? Is it supposed to be a passord for an Atlassian account?

0 votes
Eugene Kiver September 26, 2013

Aha, I've created a new repo with one bitbucket user and tried to clone it, with the other, before granting rights for the second user in access management. It's easy to forget about it when you already have some repos with access granted for the user

0 votes
Eugene Kiver September 26, 2013

Had the same issue with 1.2.3.0 on windows, typed in password for so many times, then rebooted the machine and link was verified from the very first time.

0 votes
David Mandeeli May 19, 2013

No luck.... It's still won't get me to login.

stevestreeting
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

I've just tested this with a couple of Bitbucket logins and HTTPS clone links, and everything works fine on the Windows client.

Are you sure you typed it correctly, and that the username is 100% correct? The username is from the URL, so please make sure that's correct.

Otherwise it might be that you're trying to clone a Mercurial repo, which isn't supported yet on Windows, only Git repos are until we add the hg support.

Gem Kim March 4, 2014

I am having the same problem and the other team-members too...

I've already tried to change my password, logg out/in.

fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://username@bitbucket.org/somethingsomething/project.git/'

KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Perhaps the trailing forward slash is the problem?

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2013

Just before we look into it, perhaps log out of Bitbucket and completely re-enter your username/password to make sure those are your credentials. If that's OK and you re-enter those exact same details into SourceTree and it doesn't work then we could work from there. Also make sure it's the same user account when entering the details into SourceTree.

Just let us know how that goes and we'll get on it if it's still a problem.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events