Parameterized Builds for Jenkins Hook on Bitbucket Server

Sravana Kiran Daruvuri June 8, 2017

Hi,

I have configured the Parameterized Builds for Jenkins Hook for one the repositories on our enterprise bitbucket server.

Provided the job name, set the refType as branch and selected PUSH and MANUAL as trigger events, provided the token configured in the Jenkins job and left the rest of the parameters as blank.

The Jenkins url (http://host:port) is configured at the bit bucket project level and no User token has been created either at the Project level or at the Bitbucket server level.

Whenever a commit happens on the repo, no build gets triggered. Unfortunately I do not have access to the bit-bucket server logs so I'm not sure what is going wrong.

I tried doing a manual build from one of the branches under the repo and I get a message 'You do not have permissions to build this job"

Anything I'm missing in the configuration ?

We do not want to use either global token or user tokens and prefer to use the tokens at the job levels, so user tokens is not a solution.

Please let me know if anyone has got this hook working.

FYI: I went through the bitbucket plugin code and I framed the URL as per the code flow and when I do a HTTP post with the URL, I get a 403 "No valid bread crumb found". For Manual builds, the plugin code returns the Permissions message as above when the status code is 403.

Regards,

Sravan

2 answers

0 votes
George Cakiades April 4, 2019

I've fixed this by adding the same parameterized build trigger twice, and selecting the second one after clicking 'Build In Jenkins' (shrug).

0 votes
Imran Khan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2018

Hi @Sravana Kiran Daruvuri

This is because Jenkins has CSRF protection enabled. This page has more details. https://support.cloudbees.com/hc/en-us/articles/219257077-CSRF-Protection-Explained

I haven't used the above mentioned plugin but I've manually verified triggering Jenkins build with crumb header(as given in the lined page) using CURL. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events